Yesterday was our denomination's birthday (PCEA born 10th October,1846). It would be good to pray for renewal of the vision of our founders - men like William McIntyre (pictured here) and James Forbes. Perhaps we should think in terms of an Annual Missions-giving Day to pull us together in reaching out.
Here are some other points for prayer:
- Please also remember Trevor Leggott and AIM in your prayers as Trevor has to deal with distressing and delicate issues with AIM that transpired many years before our involvement.
- Please pray for Denver Boehret who does not have a regular church engagement for next year, but plans to continue developing ministry gifts under Knox Session in 2015, and is looking for suitable employment.
- The Sudanese work under Rev Tut is now in its 10th year. We long to see greater commitment spiritually and financially, although we are very mindful of the demands on the people from their loved ones in desperate situations in South Sudan.
- At the Narre Warren church on Saturday morning, 25 October, Sjirk Bajema will lead a workshop on the conduct of worship and the preparation and delivery of sermons. Folk from other churches are invited, and the hope is that the workshop, which will include contributions from other PCEA ministers, will benefit men who may be called on to preach occasionally or who are interested in ministry, and of course to help men and women to appreciate what is involved.
- Geelong and Northern Rivers charges are vacant. Geelong is getting supply from various men on a roster but is not in a position to call a minister yet. I understand Northern Rivers has residential supply at present from a retired FCS minister.
Above all, we and our nation need an outpouring of God's Spirit to change our present situation and bring new life.